Outsourcing e-learning content development allows businesses to meet the needs of hybrid workforces and the increasing demands of stakeholders.
L&D teams often do not have the skills required to develop all types of content, so the right e-learning content development partner can help bridge this gap.
There are several advantages to outsourcing e-learning content development:
- Access to a wide range of talent. Businesses do not need to keep specialised skills in-house, such as script writers and video producers. Focused skills can be accessed for short-term tactical work, closing the loop it takes to up-skill internal employees
- Ease of setting up and adhering to quality standards, allowing L&D teams the flexibility to leave an outsourcing company if they don’t meet standards.
- Increased innovation and creativity through a fresh, outside perspective.
- Unlike full-time employees, who are not always motivated to work quickly, outsourcing firms are motivated to do good work, quickly.
- Continuous work-cycles, which increase iteration opportunity and reduce time to completion.
- Provides a flexible cost model where businesses can find the skills they need at a potentially reduced cost from what is available locally.
- Businesses can avoid costs associated with hiring and retaining employees.
- L&D teams can be more scalable and quickly react to changing business requirements. By outsourcing content creation, they can easily grow or shrink as needs arise.
- L&D teams can build more diverse solutions and not be limited by the narrow range of expertise within a small team of people.
As a result of outsourcing, the role of some in-house L&D professionals will naturally shift from content developer to project manager. This allows L&D teams to be more agile as they become solution designers and not just content developers.